[bksvol-discuss] Re: books for Gwen

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:21:19 EDT

Just go to the detail page of any book on Gutenberg. On the lower part of
the page are links to the download of various formats. Pick the one that is
most appropriate for you and download. One of those links, by the way, takes
you to a text version of the book in which the entire book appears on one
web page. You can just copy and paste the whole thing at once if you want.

"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies
the end.
" Leon Trotsky

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: books for Gwen
Date:
9/11/2009 12:00:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi, again, you asked need I say more, well, you have my permission to
recommend more authors for bookshare and the rest of us to read/download.  I
didn't
know you could obtain things from Gutenberg for your personal library, and
if this is true, how does one go about this.  Thanks again and have a
blessed
day.

block quote
From: Chanelle Hill <chanellemh@xxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 9:57 AM

That is true about many Dickens books being too sad. I certainly don't like
all of them. My favorites are Tale of Two Cities, Nicholas Nickleby, and
David
Copperfield.

Other childrens books I enjoyed reading while growing up were Little Women,
The Little House on the Prairie series, and Anne of Green Gables. There are
so many wonderful books out there to read and unfortunately, I don't have
time to read them all. :)

Chanelle

block quote
From: Chanelle Hill <chanellemh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: I have a question please and thank you.
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:47 PM

Dear Gwen,

Some historical fiction, biographies, or classic authors like Jane Austen
and Charles Dickens are fine too. I don't like books with explicit
descriptions
of sex either. I do like romance but not as the central plot or theme of a
book. It is a matter of personal preference and what you can tolerate. If I
think a book is worth reading, I will fast forward or skip past parts that
make me uncomfortable. If you enjoy reading other genres and subjectss, you
shouldn't need to limit yourself to childrens' and religious books. I am
not criticizing those at all since I have read many good books in those
subjects;
however, Bookshare has a vast collection that is constantly updating so
there should be something to absorb your interest and reading pleasure. I hope
that I have not offended you in any way.

Chanelle

block quote