[bksvol-discuss] book wishes

  • From: "Shayla Parker" <shaylakey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 15:43:43 -0400

For a very ambitious volunteer looking for a new project . . .

We have two books by Dorothy Dunnett on Bookshare. She wrote sweeping,
well-researched historical fiction, as well as some mysteries. Her
'Lymond Chronicles' have been recommended to me for years. They're set
in Europe in the fifteenth and Sixteenth centuries, and recount power
struggles, intrigues, and the like. I understand Dunnett took some
inspiration from another Dorothy, Sayers and her Lord Peter Wimsey, so
fans of Sayers generally enjoy Lymond. Bookshare doesn't have any of
the series, so I'm throwing the titles out there for a volunteer with
a taste for historical fiction and a lot of time (I'm told these are
very! long books).

1 Game of Kings
2 Queens' Play
3 The Disorderly Knights