[bksvol-discuss] Re: book statistics

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 04:54:08 -0500 (EST)

Scott

This kind of info would also be valuable for those of us who are trying to
decide on which books to scan or validate.  As far as I can tell, either
the system doesn't gather such info or there is no way we, at this end,
can grab it.
Such data might be viewed as priorietaryby Benetech; so, if it existed,
perhaps, if it existed, a monthly top 100 list for the previous month
might prove of some value at this end.
Thinking about this further, Scott, having just a download count, without
an indication of the first date of availability, would be statistically
meaningless as quite obviously a book on the system for a year is bound to
have more hits than something added last week.
And if you didn't know both pieces of info, how could you judge anything.