[bksvol-discuss] Re: book share's search feature

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:37:51 -0500

Hi John!

I imagine you used the first search box you came to, where you can enter title, author or ISBN and hit the search button. That will give you zillions of books in your search.

For example, I searched for Martha Grimes. It said I got in my search Showing 1 through 25 of 2,697 results

The advanced search is wonderful.

I kit the  advanced search link, which is just below the first search box.

Then, once the page comes up, arrow down a little until you get to the edit boxes for title, author, ISBN, publisher full text, and, then, if you want to get very specific, you can check the appropriate check box for the category of the book. Those checkboxes are just below the edit boxes I just mentioned.

After I hit the advanced link, I entered Martha Grimes in the author edit box, and I got 13 results, which were all her books.

I hope this helps you or anyone who comes along who needs it.

Debby

At 08:59 AM 8/8/2010, John Diakogeorgiou wrote
Are the staff doing anything to make the search feature of Bookshare usable. For example when I search for a specific author it shouldn't come up with 1500 books. I should be able to search by type of book as well.