[bksvol-discuss] Re: book request

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 22:22:00 -0800 (PST)

I suppose the best place to find that would be a
university library. I don't know about a 1997 edition,
but Amazon has an expensive 2007 edition with DVD.
It's by Jeremy Harmer

Are you planning to teach ESL or EFL? At what level
and where? I worked in an ESL program in a middle
school. First I was thrown into teaching it, with no
idea of what to do, in an elementary school, but the
many workbooks available for Beginning ESL--all
different kinds--as well as Inermediate and Advanced,
made it somewhat easy. Of course in our middle school
we looked through the books the publishers came and
showed us and  chose what we wanted.

At first, too, I went to a community college bookstore
and looked through the items available.

It's fun, and it's especially enjoyable if you have
kids from a variety of countries; even when they are
all from Central America and Mexico, one finds a
variety of different vocabulary used.

Grandma Cindy