[bksvol-discuss] Re: book request

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 18:30:13 -0500

If James doesn't, I'd love to proofread that one.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 5/30/2015 5:43 PM, Marilyn Beasley wrote:

James,

I finally got my hands on “The Storm and the Tide” and I’ll be scanning it this
week. Do you want to proofread it?

Marilyn

On May 20, 2015, at 10:50 PM, James Eastmead <jeastmed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

appreciated if someone could please please please scan this book. I really
want to read it.
The Storm and the tide
by Lars Anderson

On April 27, 2011, a powerful tornado ripped through the heart of
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, leaving 53 dead and a path of unimaginable devastation.
In the aftermath, Alabama coach Nick Saban and his football team went out
into the community, sharing its grief and aiding the recovery. They forged
an unbreakable bond, and in a place where Saturdays are dedicated to the
Crimson Tide, "Let's Play for Tuscaloosa" became a rallying cry, an
emotional touchtone that transcended the playing field.

Barrett Jones, a 302-pound tackle, went street by street with a chainsaw
clearing debris. Diehard fans Bob and Dana Dowling survived but lost their
home. Long-snapper Carson Tinker, whose girlfriend Ashley Harrison died in
the storm, emerged as the public face of Tuscaloosa's resilience. The
rebuilding effort became a personal crusade; the football team was now
competing for a cause much greater than a national championship. In The
Storm and the Tide, Lars Anderson chronicles the rise of a team, the
building of a dynasty and the resurgence of a town.