[bksvol-discuss] Re: book request

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:43:48 -0800 (PST)

I sympathize with you and your frustration, Kelly, but I think if publishers
and/or authors get inundated with requests by individuals they might get
annoyed and uncooperative. I had a positive response (personal letter) from an
author whom Robin contacted on my  behalf about donating her work to bookshare
and she has been very successful in getting publishers to send bookshare their
books in a format bookshare can use.  I just numbered the publishers on my list
of publisher donators and there are 1162 (some probably got numbered twice), so
that is an approximate  number,
Nichole spoke to the publishers and authors because she and they were at the
bookshare convention. I think it was very brave of her. If you are able to go
to the next bookshare convention that would be the time and place to ask to
introduce yourself and ask to speak to them.In the past there was one March  in
Los Angeles, near the airport; I do n't know when or where the next one will
be.  Ask Alisa or Carrie
Cindy