[bksvol-discuss] Re: book request

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:16:19 -0500

Am I remembering wrong? I seem to recall that when this change of responsibility for the wish list and the books being scanned list was first announced it was stated that both lists would be sent to this discussion group twice weekly. So far I have only seen the wish list posted once, a week ago.

_     _      _

"Freedom is always the freedom of dissenters." - Rosa Luxemburg

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International:
 http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
 From: Estelnalissi <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:15:41 -0800
 To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 Dear Booksharian Friends,

Jamie, I second your opinion that this list is a perfect place to post book wishes. Of course they belong on the wish list, but posting wishes here as well alerts volunteers who might share a wisher's interests and result in a wish being fulfilled sooner. It's like putting up a sign if you've lost a pet, something that hasn't happened to me. The more places you put up your signs, the better your chances of the right person seeing one of them and reuniting you with your lost best friend.

Seeing what books are requested helps give me a sense of what some Booksharians want to read and adds to my sense of community with fellow subscribers and book lovers.

 Always with love,

 Lissi

----- Original Message ----- From: Jamie Yates, CPhT