[bksvol-discuss] Re: book request

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:46:46 -0800

Lissi and Jamie,

I was offlist Sunday so am just seeing your note. Yes, it is definitely helpful
to post Wish List and Books being Scanned here. As long as the poster doesn't
make the mistake of thinking that it will get onto either list without also
being sent to one of these two addresses posting here can be helpful:

booksbeingscanned@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:booksbeingscanned@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

wishlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:wishlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott Rains

From: Estelnalissi <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:15:41 -0800
To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: book request

Dear Booksharian Friends,

Jamie, I second your opinion that this list is a perfect place to post book
wishes. Of course they belong on the wish list, but posting wishes here as well
alerts volunteers who might share a wisher's interests and result in a wish
being fulfilled sooner. It's like putting up a sign if you've lost a pet,
something that hasn't happened to me. The more places you put up your signs,
the better your chances of the right person seeing one of them and reuniting
you with your lost best friend.

Seeing what books are requested helps give me a sense of what some Booksharians
want to read and adds to my sense of community with fellow subscribers and book
lovers.

Always with love,

Lissi