[bksvol-discuss] Re: book released

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 22:19:57 -0700 (PDT)

Monica,

I've found the same thing, but I do the reverse of
what you do. I do the spell-check after I've read and
validated the book, and then I do find some scannos
that I've missed. I also run through and re-check the
page numbering. I've sometimes found that I apparently
was so engrossed in the story that I forgot to put in
a page break and number, or mis-numbered.

Now when I'm reading-and-validating and find a scanno
that is also a real word but wrong in the context, I
do a find and replace--not globally but one at a time.
For example, die for the, or the numvber one for
capital I.

Cindy