[bksvol-discuss] Re: book donation

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 02:19:47 +0000

 Why would someone assume Bookshare readers would not want to read romance/erotica [which are actually two distinct areas]. From what I have seen there does not seem to be any area of interest that some Booksharian is not willing to scan and/or validate and there certainly is no field that some Bookshare wants to read.  There should be no prudishness in choosing books for the collection other than those areas that are illegal, if any, for libraries or certainly for mail. The only one I can think of is Pedophilia in other than a psychological text.

Amy

-------------- Original message from Natalia Sulca <youngbeautyqueen@xxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------

When you post the list, may I help out with some of the scanning? Happy Reading, Nati Now Reading Living Dead In Dallas by Charlaine Harris ________________________________ Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 18:07:57 -0700 From: ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: book donation To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Well, I've had several requests to see the list, so I'll post it tomorrow. No guarantees about when I can get to them for processing though... [Most of the books look like they are the soft-core, romance-y books. If anyone is interested in basic erotica, check out Ellora's Cave publishers (www.ellorascave.com). If you're into kinky stuff, try the Greenery Press (www.greenerypress.com). We have books from both publishers already in the collection.] Carrie ----- Original Message ---- From: solsticesinger To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:07:31 PM Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: book donation Carrie, I'm wondering what the erotica books are. I'm sure there are several of us who would be willing to help out with those. Shannon I am only one; but still I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do something. And, because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do. Everet Edward Hale ----- Original Message ----- From: Carrie Karnos To: Bookshare Vol Group Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:29 PM Subject: [bksvol-discuss] book donation Hi gang, We just received a donation of 38 books, so I took out the ones that I thought would be of more interest to people. (The rest of the books are romance/erotica). Question: there are 3 Jennifer Chiaverini books - The Master Quilter, The Quilter's Legacy, and The Sugar Camp Quilt. Is someone else processing these? If so, I'll put the books into the 'Sell to a Used Bookstore' pile here in the office. If not, I can chop and scan them, and submit them to the download list. The other books I took out were: A Portrait of Jane Austen, by David Cecil Payment in Blood, by Elizabeth George Halfway to the Grave, by Jeaniene Frost Music to My Sorrow, by Mercedes Lackey Bedlam's Edge, by Mercedes Lackey BSO Beyond World's End by Mercedes Lackey Will try to get to processing them when I can. Carrie

Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.