[bksvol-discuss] Re: board books for beginning readers

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 23:18:51 -0500

Valerie, I've done that with Jamie. They were children's books and Jamie scanned the books. I proofed them, writing detailed descriptions of the images for the books. Readers seemed to really like it. Try it! smile.

Judy s.

Valerie Maples wrote:
I was thinking about an idea after discussion on picture descriptions the
other day.  I would like to add some traditional children's board books and
have Doug write intensely descriptive captions for the pictures.  That way,
if I blind parent wanted to read a beginning reader with a child, they could
try to share more about the book than the print language.  Thinking of
things like Eric Carle and Maisy and Spot books, even some flip books where
you open an object on a page.  What do you all think?  Can you tell my mind
is running wild with possibilities?  LOL