[bksvol-discuss] Re: blind people working

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 11:03:31 -0800 (PST)

Oh my gosh, E. I am so disgusted! Today no one would
dare ask any worker who had any kind of a disability
any of those kinds of questions. It had to be doubly
tough for you too, being a woman.

Do you think that times have changed just because laws
have changed? Or do you think there is still that kind
of mindset in some companies? I know they CAN'T ask
such questions, but do you think it's still in the
back of their minds as they're conducting an
interview?

I'm not necessarily asking do you think in the back of
their minds they're wondering can you go to the
bathroom alone, but do you think they're wondering "am
I going to have to hold her hand for every task she's
given?"

Jamie in Michigan
Books gone wild.... http://www.bookcrossing.com/referral/jamieyates