[bksvol-discuss] Re: blank pages

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:24:09 -0400

Hi Mayrie, I understand where you are coming from here. Being fortunate to have an Optacon, I always know what's on any pages whenever I want to know. I realize that most people without vision don't have this option. I have scanned books when my Optacon was in the shop. They were books that were a part of a series where all the books had the same format, very few pictures, and the text was of pretty good quality. But in general, I'm very uncomfortable about scanning books without my Optacon, and I would strongly consider not scanning at all for Bookshare if I couldn't use it to check and correct the results myself.

I guess I'm using too many words to say that when I write [blank page] in a book, I am sure that it is really blank. If it contains something else such as an illustration, or a map, or whatever, I will indicate that.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>