[bksvol-discuss] blank pages

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 11:18:05 -0700

I have been validating a book whose pagination ran along smoothly, yet when I
checked with the status key, the book kept adding pages. Then all of a sudden
on page 408 I began to hear "the page appears to be blank." (I am using
Kurzweil). This literally goes on for 600 pages and then reading resumes in the
right place. Their tech men, if I understand, seem to imply that this has
something possibly to do with working in a file type other than Kurzweil. I
have never changed from RTF but have never had this problem before. I really
need advice since I have no desire to try to delete 600 blank pages. And I know
these pages weren't there when I first began to validate the book and doubt if
they are really there now. I had hoped to upload this book before leaving town
for a week but now don't know what to do with it.