[bksvol-discuss] Re: [bksvol-discuss]writers who use big words

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 19:21:04 -0700 (PDT)

lol. When I did explain to my daughter the meaning of the word I also said that
I hadn't known what it meant until my husband (her father) explained it when he
used it. I find it much easier to say than next to last--and it also has a
prettier sound. II wonder if my son-iin-law might not have occasion to use it
as he plays hockey and enjoys watching other sports.Talking about where games
are played or scores who the goalie was or will be or who the pitcher is to be
in the penultimate game of the season or some such the word might com in handy.
smile I'll never know, though, unless he appens to use the word around me. He's
a good goy, actually--a wnderful husband and father.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx <Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>

To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Sunday, July 5, 2009, 8:39 AM

What gets to me is what some people consider a big word. Once, in an effort to
be facetious, I made reference to my id and then I was accused of using

a big word to impress. Id is a big word? Then, at least twice, in casual
conversation I used the word recondite. Both times the person to whom I was
talking

reached without comment for a dictionary to look up the word. One of them then
expressed surprise that I had used it in a way that I obviously knew what

it meant.

                                                          "If you tremble with
indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine." Che Guevara

             The Militant:

http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml

Pathfinder Press:

http://www.pathfinderpress.com

Granma International:

http://granma.cu/ingles/index.html

             _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows

Subj:

[bksvol-discuss] Re: [bksvol-discuss]writers who use big words

7/5/2009 10:03:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time

akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent from the Internet

(Details)

table end

Hi all,

I love being able to look up the occasional word. Taylor Caldwell is one of
those writers who uses big words naturally, as if she figures her readers

will know what on earth she's talking about! I had to resort to the dictionary
for "efulgent" Anybody heard of efulgent? I also looked up "Lambent",

any takers on that one? I better retake the SAT's I could probably get a better
score now after fourty years. <smiling>

Ann P.

--

AAnn K. Parsons

Portal Tutoring

Email: akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web Site: http://www.portaltutoring.info

blog: http://www.samobile.net/users/akp

Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost." JRRT

available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line..

An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222887319x1201497660/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=JulyExcfooterNO62)

block quote end