[bksvol-discuss] Re: [bksvol-discuss]Waiting, Shelley

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Estelnalissi <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 22:53:47 -0400

Hi, Lissi.

I think I need the English version, but thank you very much for your
generous offer. I don't think I can describe the pictures if I don't know
what's going on in the book.

The book was due back on 4/22, so I don't think I'll have long to wait.
But, again, thank you for your oh-so-kind offer.  You're a gem!

Hugs,
Marilyn

On Apr 25, 2008, at 7:06 PM, Estelnalissi wrote:

Dear Marilyn and Shelley,

Marilyn, I have a copy of the Little Prince, in French. It's a hardback with largish color pictures, the same ones that are in the English version. Mine is in the library donation pile. I wasn't planning to keep it in any case. Describing those oh so important pictures will keep you busy even if it takes an ice age for your library request to be filled. When the library finally comes, you'll just have text validation to do with the bulk of picture describing behind you. If you'd like my book so you can start on picture description, I'll be happy to mail it to you. Just send me your address off list.

I, along with other Booksharians I know, treasure this book and will be thrilled to know about the pictures at long last. From what I hear, they have a mystique, a style of composition and detail which truly adds to atmosphere of the story and to the reader's understanding of the author's vision of the Little Prince's world. I wonder how he looks, what he wears, the size of his planet, what the wildlife on his planet looks like, how the fox and the rose looks...everything!

Always with love,

Lissi
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marilyn Beasley" <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>