[bksvol-discuss] Re: bksvol-discuss Digest V6 #122

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:17:26 -0400

Hi all,

Wasp should be in the collection.  I proofed it last year.

Ann P.
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 07:52:12PM -0700, Mike wrote:
> While looking for something else, on one of my bookshelves I found a
> copy of a book called "Wasp by Eric Frank Russell."  I remember at least
> a year ago, this book was on the to be validated list.  But, it was in
> kes format and I don't have that, so I just kept ignoring it.  Then, it
> disappeared.
>
> Since I found my copy, I checked for the book in the bookshare library
> and, it isn't there.  Does anyone know if it was rejected?  If the
> previous copy was rejected and it really isn't in the collection, I
> would be happy to scan my copy.
>
> Eric Frank Russell is one of my favorite Science Fiction writers.  He
> wrote many hilarious short stories about lost Earth colonies that did
> not want to be found (and how they used charming guile to get their
> erstwhile saviors to just go away).  Another type of story he wrote were
> about how a single human toppled the government of an alien planet, or
> even empire, not with weapons, but with a carefully placed idea.  "Wasp"
> is one of the second sort of stories.  I'd give more details, but to be
> honest, it has been quite a while since I read this particular book
> (and, of course, scanning it will give me an excuse to reread it).  All
> I really remember is that the title comes from the idea that a tiny wasp
> can, by distracting the driver, cause a car wreck, and itself come out
> unscathed.
>
> It's a fairly short novel, so if anyone is interested in it I might be
> able to scan it before I go on vacation in May.
>
> Misha

AAnn K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
Email:  akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site:  http://www.portaltutoring.info
blog:  http://www.samobile.net/users/akp
Skype:  Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT