[bksvol-discuss] big bunch of history books on the way

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:23:15 -0500

I just saw a post on the other list from a generous guy who is donating several
hundred scanned books to bookshare. Many are history, but also he's got
philosophy, sociology, travel and biography, I think he said. My
question for a staff person is, will this load of several hundred books be
dropped onto the step one upload page? Or are the in house volunteers
validating them? Or what? A huge donation like that is great. But if we're
worried about the backlog of things to validate now, what's going to happen
when this generous donation gets dumped into the queue?
Mary