[bksvol-discuss] bestsellers this week

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Vol Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 14:07:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi gang,

There were a bunch of new bestsellers this week. They are:

Hardcover Fiction
61 HOURS, by Lee Child
STORM PREY, by John Sandford
A SECRET AFFAIR, by Mary Balogh
SUPREME JUSTICE, by Phillip Margolin

Hardcover Non-Fiction
WAR, by Sebastian Junger (in the collection)
THE PROMISE, by Jonathan Alter
TO SAVE AMERICA, by Newt Gingrich
OPERATION MINCEMEAT, by Ben Macintyre

Paperback Fiction (Trade and Mass Market)
RISK NO SECRETS, by Cindy Gerard

Paperback Non-Fiction
WITH THE OLD BREED, by E. B. Sledge
HELMET FOR MY PILLOW, by Robert Leckie

I have asked the person who's proofing a volunteer-submitted copy of STORM PREY
to desist, since we will process the book inhouse. As always, we'll take care
of the bestsellers. The catch is that sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for
the book to get into one of the top 10 slots. Storm Prey was released 10 days
ago, and it's just now that it hopped into the top 10, so please wait before
scanning a book if you think it might be a bestseller. Or email me and I'll
give you my best guesstimate about whether it will become a bestseller or not.

I am proofing The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, which was released
yesterday. Am going to try VERY HARD to get it in over the weekend, but it's
taking longer than I hoped it would. I expect it will be in next week's top 10
bestseller list.

That's it for me! Carrie