[bksvol-discuss] Re: being scanned list revision & how to search the list

  • From: Donna Goodin <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 08:04:58 -0400

Hi all,

I haven't really participated in this thread, but I am going to toss in my
$.02.  Cindy works very hard to put this list together, and keep it updated  I
think that we should think carefully before making this any harder for her.
Cindy, you do a great job, and we all appreciate your work.  I would say, just
do this in the way that's easiest for you.
Best,
Donna

From: Bob <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
list
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 4:21 AM

Hi Cindy.
If you could separate the fields (author, title, scannor, and proofer) with
tabs instead of spaces then those who wanted to use a spreadsheet could easily
convert the file. Also, it would be fairly easy to sort the various fields such
as title thus making it easier to look for duplicates, or for people trying to
see what they are down for scanning.

I don't know how much trouble that would be but if it could be done I think it
would make for a neat tool.

Just a suggestion.
Bob

From: Mayrie ReNae <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: A proofreading problem to watch out for.
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 11:06 PM

HI Cindy,

    The more I think about the size of your list, I see how much space it would
save not having blank lines between entries.  I respectfully withdraw my
request for blank lines between entries.  They look nice, but they do take up
space, and are not necessary if every title/author/scanner is on a line
together and only one book per line.

Mayrie

From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx <Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 5:52 PM

Well, if it comes to learning how to do something then I suppose I do a better
job of learning it by doing it myself, but that doesn't mean that a better job
is a good job. That's a hell of a position to be in, knowing all kinds of
things, but not being able to do a damned thing.

                                                          "If you tremble with
indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine." Che Guevara

             The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder
Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
             _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: A proofreading problem to watch out for.
Date:
8/1/2009 8:41:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I am just the opposite. Chem and bio labs were great for me. Lecture was a
nightmare. I have to do it to learn it. I can't just listen and learn or read
and learn (probably why I can't figure out how to replace the darned thing in
Open Office).
--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Blood is the Sky by Steve Hamilton <br>

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222846709x1201493018/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd=JulystepsfooterNO115)