[bksvol-discuss] Re: being scanned

  • From: "robert tweedy" <roberttweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:12:07 -0500

This is on the same lines but just submitted HOSTS by F. Paul Wilson and here's
the info.
Hosts
Hosts

Author(s):
F. Paul Wilson

Publisher:
Tom Doherty Associates, LLC

Copyright Date:
2001

Copyrighted By:
F. Paul Wilson

Brief Synopsis:
Repairman Jack returns in a sequel to the New York Times bestseller, The Tomb!
Repairman Jack has been tearing up the urban adventure scene ever since he was
introduced in the New York Times bestseller The Tomb .

Long Synopsis:
Repairman Jack returns in a sequel to the New York Times bestseller, The Tomb!
Repairman Jack has been tearing up the urban adventure scene ever since he was
introduced in the New York Times bestseller The Tomb . As his fans know,
Repairman Jack doesn't deal with electronic appliances; he's a situation fixer,
no matter how weird or deadly a situation may be. Repairman Jack has no last
name, no Social Security number, and no qualms when it comes to getting the job
done-even if it means putting himself in serious danger. After fifteen years of
separation, Jack is contacted by his long-lost sister, Kate, to help her track
down the source of her girlfriend Jeanette's sudden trance-like behavior.
Referred by a mysterious stranger who gives only Jack's name and phone number,
Kate is shocked to find out that the "repairman" she seeks is none other than
her little brother-and not altogether happy to find out what little "Jackie"
has been doing with himself for all these years. With Jack leading the way,
Kate finds out that Jeannette's behavior can be traced back to the experimental
therapy she underwent for a brain tumor: now Jeannette's brain and those of
several other subjects are infected by a mutated virus. Like any good virus, it
wants to multiply-and if Jack can't stop the virus in its path, there will be
deadly results. Meanwhile, Jack is traveling on the 9 train when suddenly a
passenger goes berserk and starts shooting at random-leaving Jack no choice but
to throw himself into the spotlight by putting the shooter down. Worse for
Jack, one of his fellow passengers is a reporter for the local tabloid, The
Light , who sees Jack's heroism as his ticket to journalistic stardom. The
reporter promises to make Jack a celebrity hero, a household name-which could
mean the end of Repairman Jack as we know him.

Comments:
The chapters where hard to get. The OCR skip over the ones in the middle of
pages or got parts of them so it was hard for me to keep track.
roberttweedy@xxxxxxx

Adult content:
Yes

Language: