  From: Mayrie ReNae
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2009 10:37 AM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: baffelling problem.

  Hi Amber,

  As others have suggested, it is likely that you have a running header in a
funky font, which you confirmed.  If what you are finding is the chapter
headings, you do need to add those in in a readable font, usually by typing
those in by hand.  The running header of book title and/or author does need to
be deleted, but if the chapter headings are the things that are not scanning
legibly, those need to be there and need to be typed in if they didn't scan.  I
come across this problem a lot and have to get help from someone who can see to
tell me what the handwritten chapter titles say so that I can type them in.

  Just another idea.

  Mayrie