[bksvol-discuss] Re: backlog of books on the step 1 page

Jill,

I think the submitted book goes immediately to the
download list. The submitter, if he/she knows or
suspects that words are missing because the binding
hasn't been held down firmly enough, should rate the
book as Fair. Also, if the submitter thinks that maybe
a sighted person needs to do the validation with the
aid of the real book, that should be mentioned in the
Comments section and also posted here on list.
Sometimes words can be filled in from the context, if
the validator is reading the book, but you're right --
if the validator does the minimum required and doesn't
read the book, those scanning errors will remain and
make it difficult for a reader.

Cindy

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail