[bksvol-discuss] Re: backlog created by validaters

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:17:36 -0800

Hi Kellie. Yes, but if everyone avoids books that are fair or don't have page breaks, books never get done and sit on the step 1 page forever. The solution is to either reject them if they're really bad or fix them. I have rejected fair .txt books before but not often. The new policy after March is to reject books with no page breaks, so eventually that should eliminate a lot from the step 1 page if no one does them before then. I personally think that all .txt should automatically be rejected but that's my opinion only and I know others don't agree.

At 10:03 PM 1/24/2005 -0600, you wrote:

Don't panic about adding page breaks--this is usually only a factor with
.txt files, and often not even then. So feel free to avoid books that
require that much work if you don't have time to deal with them.