[bksvol-discuss] Re: backlog created by validaters

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:41:20 -0800 (PST)

Rui,

The books I've taken have been on the step one
download list for  months and months --since May,
August, Sept., for example. One had been there only
since November, and I contacted the submitter to
suggest that she validate it herself, but she
preferred that I take it.

These are also txt books, Fair, without proper page
breaks. My understanding is that books without page
breaks by the end of March will be deleted.

I agree that people shouldn't grab up recently posted
books or popular books and keep them for a long time,
because maybe others people might want them, but
unless scanners are willing to validate their books
themselves if the books don't move, they'll never get
done, and they might get lost.

Also, I think if someone wants to validate a book that
they saw on the download list and that seems to have
been on Marissa's list for a  long time, they can ask
here for it to be released if the person isn't working
on it, the same way people ask here that books that
they forgot to  renew and that were released and taken
by someone else be release again for people to work
on.

http://mail.yahoo.com