[bksvol-discuss] Re: back and front flap question

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 08:35:43 -0800

Hi Guys,

I do the same thing, I put the back cover right after the front cover and leave the messages between that say "continued on back cover," and "continued from front cover." So I guess I'll go to jail with the rest of you if that is wrong.

Bud SchwabAt 12:09 AM 1/3/2008, you wrote:
Yes, as a sighted person I read the front and back
flaps, since the back usually is a continuation of the
front, before I start reading the book. In fact, I
read them before I borrow the book from the library or
buy it in a used-book store so I know if I want to
read it at all. It doesn't make sense to me to put it
at the back.

I don't number the pages, though, unless some other
pages, like the Forward or Introduction have lowercase
Roman numerals that don't start with one. Then I count
backward, putting the numbers on the pages. Otherwise
I leave them unnumbered just marking them as front
flap and back flap in brackets at the top of the page.

If there's a protocol to follow, I'll change, but in
front makes more sense to me.

G.Cindy

WISH LIST (called Requested Additions To The Bookshare Collection)is available at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California