[bksvol-discuss] Re: authors I wanted you all to be aware of

  • From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 08:24:23 -0500

Hi, thanks for the additional authors. I like Victoria holt--forgot to put her and Philippa Carr and I've read the Robe by Douglas and started the big fisherman but didn't finish it. Never heard of Scarlet Pimpernel. I also forgot Peter Jenkins who wrote walk across America and Truman Capote, I like his writings and Mary E. Wilkins Freeman and many others that the schools and colleges ask you to read. I've gotten through Gone with the wind, roots, to kill a mockingbird, but didn't make it through the great Gatsby, great expectations, little curiosity shop, hunchback of Notre Dame but knew a lot about how it went, and I did read Ivanhoe and Silas Marner, didn't read ten little indians or profiles in courage. I also started but never finished Scarlet. Not the scarlet letter, finished that, but Scarlet, supposed to be after gone with the wind. Can't think of more now but thanks again. Have a blessed day. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>