[bksvol-discuss] authors I wanted you all to be aware of

  • From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 00:49:01 -0500

Hi, I'm not necessarily doing this list of authors specifically for the wish
list, but if they found their way on any part of bookshare, my feelings
wouldn't be hurt.  Years ago, some people gave me a list of authors, some I had
never heard of, and some I had.  I plan on seeing if they all have bookshare
spots, but if not, maybe someday they will, and if anybody happens to have
anything by them laying around or has access to them, we wouldn't be hurt for
any additions to the bookshare family of books.  With that being said, here
comes a list of authors.  Please excuse any garbage characters or repeats.

 Ginny Aiken - contemporary
 Hannah Alexander - contemporary medical romance
 Lynn Austin - historical
 Karen Ball - contemporary
 Ann Bell - contemporary
 James Scott Bell - historical
 Lisa Tawn Bergren - contemporary
 Lawana Blackwell - historical
 Stephen Bly - historical
 T. Davis Bunn - historical
 Linda Chaikin - historical and contemporary
 Dianne L. Christner - historical
 Colleen Coble - historical and contemporary
 Lynn A. Coleman - historical and contemporary
 Carol Cox - historical and contemporary
 Lori Copeland - historical and contemporary
 Lyn Cote - contemporary
 Birdie L. Etchison - historical
 Linda Ford - historical
 JoAnn A. Grote - historical and contemporary
 Robin Jones Gunn - contemporary
 Kristen Heitzmann - historical and contemporary
 Dee Henderson - contemporary
 Liz Curtis Higgs - contemporary
 Grace Livingston Hill - historical
 B. J. Hoff - historical
 Karen Kingsbury - contemporary
 Al and JoAnna Lacy - historical
 Al Lacy - historical
 Yvonne Lehman - contemporary
 Beverly Lewis - historical (Amish)
 C. S. Lewis - Chronicles of Narnia
 George MacDonald - historical
 Shari MacDonald - contemporary
 Gail Gaymer Martin - contemporary
 Dawn Miller - historical
 Judith McCoy Miller - historical
 Diane Mills - historical  (Check out her book, "Mail Order
 Husband")
 Sara Mitchell - historical and contemporary
 Gilbert Morris - historical
 Gilbert Morris and Lynn Morris - historical  (Father-Daughter
 writing
 team)
 Alan Morris - historical  (Gilbert Morris's son)
 Diane Noble - historical
 Janette Oke - historical
 Cathrine Palmer - historical and contemporary
 Judith Pella - historical
 Judith Pella and Tracie Peterson - historical
 Tracie Peterson - historical and contemporary
 Michael Phillips - historical
 Michael Phillips and Judith Pella - historical
 Eugenia Price - historical
 Colleen L. Reece - historical and contemporary
 Lee Roddy - historical
 Debra White Smith - historical and contemporary
 Lauraine Snelling - historical
 Jill Stengl - historical and contemporary
 Peggy Stoks - historical
 Brock and Bodie Thoene - historical
 Jake and Luke Thoene - historical  (Brock and Bodie Thoene's sons)
 Elizabeth White - historical and contemporary
 Stephanie Grace Whitson - historical
 Lori Wick - historical and contemporary
 Linda Windsor - historical and contemporary
 Carolyn Zane - contemporary
Jack Cavanaugh
Ted Dekker
Francine Rivers
/Sandy Dingler or DAngler (wrote about Australia--would like to read this
author's stuff.

Looking at this list, I've read many of these authors, but many more I have
not.  I also like Terry Blackstock, whoever wrote the Kencade books based on
the Thomas Kencade paintings about a town in Massachusetts, Catherine Cookson,
Meg Cabot, Georgette Hayer, Agatha Christie, Tim and Beverly Lahaye, Jerry B.
Jenkins, Lois T. Henderson, as mentioned before Phyllis A. Whitney and Mary
Higgins Clark, Ann George, L. M. Montgomery, Jane Peart, June Masters Bacher,
Robin Lee Hatcher, and I am having more on the tip of my tongue but I can't
remember them right now, but even if you read from places and organizations
other than bookshare, I'd strongly recommend these authors and ones like them
as they came from a reliable recommender and/or I read them myself.  Happy
reading and have a blessed day.  PS:  Besides maybe Michael Palmer and Hannah
Alexander, can anybody recommend some good medical fiction?  ER type stuff,
hospital, doctor, nurse, anything.  Have a blessed day.