[bksvol-discuss] Re: audio description, please? Bookshare on CBS news

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 08:13:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi Katie,

  Yes, libraries do frown on chopping up their books.  We're all so engrained
from childhood to not write in books or harm them in any way, that it took me
months to feel comfortable with the idea that I was *killing* books.  I kept
telling myself that I was making them available to a much larger audience, but
still it was a bit rough at first. I felt like Lady MacBeth with the blood of
books on her hands, saying "Out, out, damn spot."  :-)

  Carrie

Katie Hill <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
        HI Carrie,

  It?s pretty amazing how quickly you can scan and recognize a book. I love to
hear the sound of electronics and scanner gear humming away. I have both
options here  now both an adf and flat bed. Both have their place in getting
books done. The flat bed is letting me get a lot of books from the library now,
they don?t really like you chopping up their books, LOLJ

    Katie Hill
  You can learn a lot if you are humble enough to listen.
  Lynn Lewis Warren
  Email: Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  503-777-7155