[bksvol-discuss] Re: audio description, please? Bookshare on CBS news

  • From: "Janice Carter" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:04:42 -0800

Good day folks.  Janice is not "hanging" Jake - she's trying to learn how to
be a volunteer.  She's reporting to Carrie now.   Carrie and I are working
thru my husband's library.  The first box of new books is going to the
office tomorrow.

My email is jcarter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  Cindy, justbits doesn't stand for
anything other than everything in life is just a bit.  Bit of dust, bit of
luck, digital bits.....just like this email which is lots of digital bits.
Know how many bits there are in a book?  There are 5 megabytes in the
complete works of Shakespeare (8 bits in a byte; Shakespeare is 5,000,000
bytes).

Many of us missed the CBS broadcast last night - we were at Gustavo's Proper
Goodbye.  Lot's of good food and good thoughts about how he touched so many
of us and not just at Bookshare.org.    He was as gnarly and kind and
generous to everyone throughout his entire career.  Lots of laughs and lots
of tears.

Have a good one,
Janice Carter