[bksvol-discuss] Re: asterisks white space?

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 13:04:59 -0400

I think the words "blank line" would be an annoyance. It would be too easy to confuse with the flow of the text itself and would leave the reader confused. As for the asterisks, three of them is just fine. I don't see that putting a space between them makes a diffference. In either case, I hear the words "star star star" and I really don't detect a difference in speed whether there is a space between them or not. At least I don't with my screen readers. I suppose there might be screen readers out there that I have not tried that might handle them differently, but mine read them at a pretty rapid clip and its just fine that way. I think that less than three might make it go by too fast. If there is a single star or just two stars pronounced one just might miss them, but three is hard to miss. Actually, the more there are the harder they would be to miss. However, I would think that more than five would be excessive. You sure would not miss six or more stars in a row, but you might want it to stop so that you can move on.

_     _      _

"One of the things that is wrong with religion is that it teaches us to be satisfied with answers which are not really answers at all." - Richard Dawkins

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International:
 http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
From: Charisma <wishfulfish@xxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 10:10 PM
Oh! So it is read as asterisk
asterisk asterisk? I was just about to
report a book for having one thousand million "asterisks"
in it! Of
course, they are not in blank spaces but in the middle of
stuff so it
needs to have a note placed on it anyhow. But now I know
something
new.

Again.

Will I EVER know enough? lol

Charisma
line. To get a list of available commands, put the