[bksvol-discuss] Re: asterisks in nonfiction? WAS: asterisks white space? and italics

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 20:33:31 -0400

I am always glad when someone likes the quotes I use as a tag line.

_     _      _

"The time to speak the truth has come.... The government of the United States cannot be on the side of peasants because it is an ally of the landowners. It cannot be on the side of workers anywhere in the world because it is an ally of the monopolies. It cannot be on the side of colonies because it is an ally of the colonizing powers." - Fidel Castro 1960

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International:
 http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob W" <rwiley45@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hey Roger. I like your quote from Fidel Castro at the end of your message.

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
Yes, sections in a nonfiction book are frequently separated with white space
and no other indication. A series of asterisks in a print nonfiction book
might be rarer, but nonfiction is just as subject to the same rules of
punctuation as fiction.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charisma" <wishfulfish@xxxxxxxxx>