[bksvol-discuss] Re: apostrophe as single quote

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:56:13 -0800 (PST)

Thnbk you, Sarah. It did take a lot of time to go back
and find all the apostrophes that should have been
single quotes, and I'm secretly glad that I don't have
to correct other books, though I would have been
willing.

Yes, I do use Word. The key strokes for the single
quotes are quick to use, (option plus rught bracket
for the first one, option shift right bracket for the
close)but is a bit faster just to use the apostrophe
on the keyboard, and, although I'll continue to to use
the single quote in this book, since I've converted
for the first 80 pages, I'll go back tousing the
apostrophe for other books.

As to the smart quotes being turned off, since I'm
validating, I do whatever the file already is using.

Thanks again for your help and quick response.

Cindy

--- Sarah Van Oosterwijck