[bksvol-discuss] Re: [a-hem!] i'm twiddling my thumbs here, people...please validate me

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:52:01 -0700 (PDT)

Ah, poor Gustavo. :-(  Will they not allow you to
validate books as well as approve them? Or to
eliminate duplicate books from the download list? Did
you get my note about the duplicate Tales of the Genji
books, one of which says Save for bookshare.org? Are
there any other books on the download list that are
also supposed to be saved for bookshare.org?

In sympathy for your boredom ;-)

Cindy

-- Gustavo Galindo <Gustavo.G@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> gentlepeople,
>

> i have no books to approve! while it's cool to
> think: "great! the
> Bookshare.org book approval queue is [practically]
> empty...now it's
> major-slacking-off-time for me"...unfortunately,
> that just means i'd
> have more time to do other stuff on my to-do list.
>

> approving books to go live on the website is without
> a doubt the coolest
> part of my daily routine. if i have no books, then i
> have to move down
> the list of daily tasks which aren't nearly as fun:
> improve my fussball
> game, or listen to Jim complain about glaring holes
> in the movie
> adaptation of The Lord of the Rings, or watch Peter
> via his webcam as he
> practices his interpretive dance moves. none of
> these prospects are as
> fun as approving more books and watching the live
> books number increase
> daily. we're at 22,652 as of the time i write this
> email.
>

> Bookshare.org cannot hit the 25,000 live books mark,
> which you all think
> is do-able (and i do as well) by the end of the year
> without your
> continuous and always appreciated submission and
> validation efforts.
>

> please, give me something fun to do. do some quality
> validation,
> otherwise i'll have to learn to speak Klingon, get
> that
> correspondence-school AA degree in gun-repair or
> schedule a
> dental-cleaning appointment.
>

> many thanks,
>

> gustavo