[bksvol-discuss] Re: advertising in the middle of a book

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:26:17 -0500

Hi Shannon,
    You could (a) leave them where they are, or (b) move them to the front or
back. While adverts are not core content and thus not required, I don't think
this type of information should be outright removed from a book if it was
included with the original submission. (That is unless of course the advert
scanned as garbage text).

For anyone interested my line of thinking behind moving the material is that
often folks combine front/back dust jacket info in one place. Also a sited
reader would most likely skip the advert and may come back to it later. Often
times as well only certain editions have advertisements and not others, and of
course its not core content....

Best,
Jake