[bksvol-discuss] Re: adult ratings Re: Re: Uh oh -- re weird, Adult rating

  • From: "Lisa Leonardi" <lml5280@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:20:40 -0600

I see your point.  However, if I had a child who was a member of bookshare,
I would not feel too safe if there wasn't any type of adult rating.  I know
the system isn't perfect, but I think it's good that there's one in place.
I've run into some erotica books on bookshare and would be horrified if I
had a child and that child came in contact with that type of material.  So,
I think the system, no matter how arbitrary, is good.