[bksvol-discuss] Re: adult ratings Re: Re: Uh oh -- re weird, Adult rating

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:47:48 -0500 (EST)

I wonder how public libraries resolve these issues.  I have to believe
that there is a service or database which tells libraries which books are
to be viewed as "adult".
Otherwise, librarians would be going continually
crazy resolving such items, and I m
certain that they don't spend their days figuring out whether or not each
new addition to the local collection warrants an adult rating.
BookShare needs to subscribe to such a service, presuming it exists, and
follow those guidelines.
That too would be the most legally defensible approach rather than relying
on the whims of individual submitters and validators.