[bksvol-discuss] Re: adult ratings Re: Re: Uh oh -- re weird, Adult rating

  • From: "robert tweedy" <rtweedy2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:10:46 -0600

I used to be able to read the TV GUIDE and they put what was in a movie, for example, a V for violence, SL for strong language and so on. In school I read books that had adult content in them from NLS as well as the ones the school had. Why couldn't we just put in the adult content in one of the fields and leave it at that. I think it should be up to the parents of children to tell their kids what to read or not read and bookshare just be a provider of books with a rule of warnning on the nature of the book. I have noticed over the years the TV is the baby sitter and parents didn't care what their kids watch so why should bookshare tell kids what to read or not. If we give all the info of the nature of the book we can, that would tell the reader what they need to know and leave it at that.