[bksvol-discuss] Re: admin queue idea

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 07:34:49 -0400

This is the crew who just got awarded that grant. I thought that is what people did with grant money was improve the projects on which they are working. Certainly increasing staff before making the kinds of basic improvements desperately needed to support the host of volunteers who keep bookshare afloat seems silly at least and extremely poor business planning at best.

E.

At 06:14 AM 10/23/2006, you wrote:
Elizabeth

your suggestions, needless to say, are right on the money.
But realistically, as implementing change for Bookshare/Benetech is
seemingly akin to pulling teeth and apparently requires a significant
expenditure,
it seems as if we are just spinning our wheelswhen brainstorming.
The sad irony is that a venture, dedicated to making technology benefit
the planet, cannot figure out how to use technology to benefit its small
microscopic point on that planet.
So if it cannot figure out how to do the latter, can we expect it to
excell at the former?
Hopefully, Benetech is more successful at macro issues than it is with the
micro.