[bksvol-discuss] Re: a tip on the short synopsis

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 18:46:40 -0700 (PDT)

That's a good idea, Scott. I keep hoping, though when
I put a synopsis in the short synopsis section, that
the rules have changed or my synopsis is not as long
as I suspect it is, or I can slip one by (he, he). Of
course, I can't, so I take out a few phrases and try
again. I'm a cockeyed optimist (smile).

Cindy

-- Scott Blanks <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I just wanted to throw this suggestion out to
> anybody on the list.  I've
> seen the occasional mention of people encountering
> difficulties because
> their short synopsis was too long.
>
> What I have been doing is writing my synopsis in MS
> Word, then accessing the
> word count feature off of the tools menu.  This
> handy little dialog box
> shows you the number of words, characters, lines,
> etc.  Obviously the only
> critical statistic would be the number of
> characters.  Then I select the
> text and copy it to the clipboard, return to the
> Bookshare page, and paste
> the text into the synopsis edit box.
>
> My friends have told me that I have a very
> meticulous, and on occasion
> obsessive, personality.  I suppose this is one
> example that might qualify,
> but I hope it might help someone.
>
> Scott

Discover Yahoo!