[bksvol-discuss] Re: a really tough decision to make...

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 19:00:32 -0600

Valerye, My dad has Word 2007 on his computer, so I searched the help for converting text to table and here is what I found.

1. insert separator between columns of text. Separators are something like a tab or coma (,). Be sure that there is a paragraph mark where you want to begin a new row.
2. Select the text that you want to convert to a table.
3. In the insert tab go to the table group and select convert text to table.
4. In this dialog, select the type of separator you used, check the number of columns and select any other options. If the number of columns you expect to have is not available, there is probably a missing separator in one of the rows.

Also, to convert a table to text, it is on the layout tab, in the data group, under table tools, and convert table to text. You must have the table or rows that you wish to convert selected.

I agree that word 2007 is much more complicated to use, This is a perfect example. I mean shouldn't the convert text to table and convert table to text be in the same place? It was obviously a very convoluted mind that create Word 2007.

Melissa

Valerie Maples wrote:
Word 2007 has no menus; just ribbons. YUCK! I will poke around and see if I can find them.

I hate the ribbons!  If I could go back to 2003, I would!

Valerie

On 11 02, 2009, at 11:49 AM, Lynn I wrote:

That's exactly what I do, also, and the tables have been preserved. *smile*

Blessings.

Lynnsky