[bksvol-discuss] Re: a problem with a bookshare volunteer

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:53:09 -0500

Hi all,

Well, unless this person has a mental illness, then she's got to either fish or cut bait, as polite people say. If I were in your shoes, I'd send her and email and put a message on her answering machine saying, I'm keeping your books till X-date. If you don't come to claim them, I'm going to donate them to the public library. I don't have time for malarkifizing. Either fish or cut bait.

I mean, this is dumb. You can't deal with her self centered malarkiface! Does she think that by doing this, you're going to give up your job and continue to scan her books? That's the height of self centeredness!

Now, if she has a mental illness, tell her to take it up with her therapist, but you've got to move and that's life. Get over it. She'll miss you. She can email you. You can visit each other. Sheesh! Sorry, you asked me.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring