[bksvol-discuss] Re: a problem with a bookshare volunteer

  • From: "gwen tweedy" <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:49:19 -0600

Oh dear what a shame bless your heart.
hope something can be done ()Amber()

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Amber Wallenstein
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:17 AM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] a problem with a bookshare volunteer

  Hi ladies:
  I am having a problem with a bookshare volunteer.  If you know this person,
please don't mention it to them.
  So there is this volunteer for bookshare who lives in my area.  they live
maybe 15 minutes away.  they have these very ambitious ideas about what they
want scanned for bookshare and they  would send me boxes of books to scan.
they also gave me books they wanted back. So the drill would be I'd scan them,
send the books back to the person, and they would proof them.  The problem is
this: they would send me so many to scan there was a massive backlog.  So like
half of my library was this person's books.  Now that I am moving, I want to
give the books back to this person.  I have offered to pay their aid to come
and pick them up.  We're talking two *huge* boxes of books.  they have to weigh
thirty to forty pounds each.  So I have offered to pay the aid.  I can't send
the books myself since I am low on cash now.  I have emailed this person
multiple times  and tried to call on several occasions.  They wrote back to me
once, saying they were in denial I was moving.  But they keep dodging and
screening my calls and not answering my emails.  I don't know what to do with
these books, since they are not mine.  I don't know WTF is going on with this
person but I'm absolutely furious here.
  Thoughts?
  Amber
  Book blog: