[bksvol-discuss] Re: a numbers update on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:03:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Kasondra,

No problem.  I got an email from Gustavo saying that the copy on the db now is
perfect, with chapter titles where they should, etc.  Would you like to
download it again and check, just so there's an independent witness?  He said
that what he did to keep the chapter title in, was have a blank line at the top
of the page, the word Chapter on the next line (which the stripper will zap -
think of it as a sacrificial lamb), the real chapter title on the next line,
another blank line, and then the text.  This is exactly what some other people
have suggested, so I think it's correct.  I wish I had known that all my
chapter titles were being zapped before.  I would have added in that extra line
on all the books I've validated.

My reward for doing the work on HP & THBP was taking the despined book home and
getting to read it.  The ending is very sad, so sad that the local newspaper,
the SJ Mercury, ran an article where a bunch of kids said how they were so
upset at the ending, how they cried reading the last 2 chapters, but that it
was still a great book.  A few minutes after Gustavo bought the book at 12:01
Saturday morning, a friend of his flipped to the back and saw who it was that
died, so I knew ahead of time about it.  I dislike unhappy surprises, so I got
adjusted to the death before I read about it in the book, thank goodness. I'm
looking forward to the new HP film coming out in November.

Carrie

[OT: I really wanted to see Silence of the Lambs when it came out, but I knew
I'd be terrified, so I read every spoiler I could find and went to the earliest
possible show, so there was the maximum amount of sunshine left in the day.  As
it was, I still shook for 2 hours after I got out of the show.  I have an very
vivid imagination, which is a blessing and a curse at the same time.]

Kasondra payne <Kassyp36@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Carrie,

I am sorry that it took so long for me to do this, but my family thought they
needed to eat and stuff like that last night.  Just imagine that.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<LOL>  Well, I looked at the book just now.  The
chapter title isn?t there, but the page numbering seems to be better.  By the
way, have you been able to read  this book at all/  It?s good, but the ending
is sad.

Kasondra Payne