[bksvol-discuss] Re: a little frustrated with a book I'm working on

Jamie, If you have a public library convenient for you, I think you will enjoy getting to use it. I had never done this before starting to scan and proofread for Bookshare, and to think of all the years I have supported them with my taxes. Anyway, I can access their books on a web site, either request on line or call in and am notified when the book arrives. If you don't have easy access, however, I certainly understand; I just happen to be lucky that way. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 5:44 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: a little frustrated with a book I'm working on

Hi, Shelley, thanks again for going ahead and submitting the who gets the
drumstick book even though it did need some cleaning up.  I didn't mind
cleaning it up and I would have done more if I had known what to do.  I
figured the book was old and that more than likely accounted for the minor
boo-boos.  I was just frustrated about page issues as I understand the
concepts of what everybody's told me, it just souhnds like there's the
appropriate amount of space before and after page numbers when there might
not be and that is frustrating.  Also, I'm not used to using our local
library or any library to get books. I only use the libraries for the blind
and now bookshare, so I'm not sure if I could have gotten the book to
rescan.  I'm not mad at you for sending the book in before you did your
usual stuff for me as we agreed I really wanted to read the book, and I
don't regret the time I spent with it.  I honestly do not remember reading
anything about proofreaders needing a printed copy so we could rescan pages.
I'm not sure whose responsibility that should have been.  I'd have been
willing but not able, and not sure how to save the pages that needed to be
rescanned so they could be properly entered into the book. I'll be glad to read the manual again, but I don't remember any of this being covered about
who should rescan pages when this is necessary.  I also was trying to find
the duplicated text I was asked to delete and for some reason, I couldn't
find it.  Off list, Shelley, could you tell me how to edit books on my
braillenote?  Do I need a CF card as I only use thumb drives for books on
the braille note.  I do not know where to get and how much a compact flash
card cost. I've had job problems lately, so I can't buy a CF card yet. By
the way, no problem, but I'm a female Jamie.  Please do not be offended by
anything I have said as I would like to work with you again sometime.  I
loved the book in spite of all this and will most likely download it to read
again and again as I've watched the movie yours, mine, and ours several
times.  Thanks again and have a blessed day.  PS:  I think I'll wait until
you do your usual stuff before I proofread a book as you're a good worker
for bookshare and it'll be worth the wait.  Have a blessed day and keep up
those great submissions.  I love the craft and nature and other books.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>