[bksvol-discuss] Re: a little frustrated with a book I'm working on

Hi, Jamie,

If there are intelligible words or characters directly before or after a page
number generally on the same line with the number, they are probably a heading
to the page, either a chapter name author name or the book's title which occur
at the top of alternate pages.  If so, these can be removed by you, keeping the
page number on a line of its own with a blank line above and below the page
number.

When you read the book and move from page to page, is the text continuous if
you leave out the weird words or characters?

And sometimes a few random characters will appear at the top or bottom of the
page.  I don't know the reason for this problem but guess it has something to
do with the scanning.  Again, if you read the text without these characters
when moving from page to page, does the text make sense.

If there are no words missing in sentences, you can remove the random words or
characters.

Hope that this explanation helps.

Cat Lover Lori