[bksvol-discuss] a list

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 00:04:18 -0400

Hello all:
I was talking to another volunteer and I was saying how I am reading a book I
scanned and  am enjoying it.  However, I find when I am reading a scanned book
of mine that I am not enjoying I just quit and it just sits on my hard drive
and at this rate they will never get on bookshare.  I validate by reading
through the book completely, so there are tons of books sitting on my hard
drive that are raw scans, that I haven't touched since scanning them.  I think
there are a lot of them I won't ever get to and I think it's a shame that
bookshare won't get them just because I am not interested in them, even if I
have not scanned them.  I am attaching a list of books, there are 150 of them,
that are on my hard drive.  Keep in mind that these are *raw* scans,  so I
can't vouch for the quality at all.  If anyone wants to validate any of these,
please email me at amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx and give me title and author. I'll
put the books up on the step one list with hold for whoever on them.  And if
the books are to bad, just feel free to reject.
Have fun reading through the list!
Amber
Book blog:
John Adams
E-Mail: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx
Raw Scans
A Killer in Winter by Susanna Gregory *mystery*
A Tale of Love and Darkness, by Amos Oz *Jewish Nonfiction*
A Voice for the Dead by JAMES E. STARRS * nonfiction*
collar : a year of striving and faith inside a Catholic seminary  Jonathan
Englert * nonfiction*
After such knowledge: memory, history, and the legacy of the Holocaust  Eva
Hoffman *nonfiction, Holocaust*
Battered Women, edited by Lane Voipe *nonfiction*
Biology and Violence by Debra Neihoff, P.H.D. *nonfiction*
Ben-Gurion and the Holocaust Shabtai Teveth *nonfiction, Jewish*
Betrayed by Patricia Calvert *childrens fiction*
Black Camelot : African-American culture heroes in their times, 1960-1980
William L. Van Deburg * nonfiction, African American*
Blood Royal by Mollie Hardwick *fiction, Anne Boleyn and family*
Both Feet on the Ground by David Beckham, *nonfiction, soccer*
Breaking down barriers: youth with physical challenges  by Joan Esherick
*nonfiction*
Broken Music by Sting *nonfiction, music*
Bruised Hibiscus by Elizabeth Nunez *fiction*
Burned child seeks the fire : a memoir  Cordelia Edvardson *nonfiction*
The Calcutta chromosome : a novel of fevers, delirium and discovery / Amitav
Ghosh * fiction*
Read this and tell me what it says by A. ManetteAnsay *fiction*
Casa Rossa by FRANCESCA MARCIANO *fiction*
chicago Bulls by Thomas S. Owens *nonfiction, sports*
Chloe does Yale by Natalie Krinsky *fiction*
Cleopatra's Sister by Penelope Lively *fiction*
Dancer with Bruised Knees by Lynne McFall *fiction*
David : testimony of a Holocaust survivor by Ezra BenGershem *nonfiction,
Holocaust*
Woman-to-woman sexual violence : does she call it rape? / Lori B. Girshick
*nonfiction*
The Book of Dracula / edited and introduced by Leslie Shepard. *nonfiction*
Durable Goodsy by Elizabeth Berg *fiction*
Dying to Win by Robert A. Pape *nonfiction, suicide bombers*
Elizabeth and Philip : the untold story of the Queen of England and her Prince
/ by Charles Higham and Roy Moseley.  *nonfiction*
Enemies, a love story by Isaac Bashevis Singer *fiction*
Family Matters by ROHINTON MISTRY *fiction, India*
Fat Kid Rules the World by K. L. Going *fiction, teens*
French Women don't get Fat *nonfiction*
Diary of an Anorexic *fiction*
Warrior Marks: female genital mutilation and the sexual blinding of women/Alice
Walker and Pratibha Parmar. *nonfiction*
Fever Pitch by Nick Hornsby *nonfiction, Soccer*
Fiet?s vase and other stories of survival, Europe 1939-1945 / by Alison Leslie
Gold *nonfiction, Holocaust*
Foreign Bodies by Hwee Hwee Tan *fiction*
God, a Biography by Jack Miles *nonfiction*
cargo : a journey among refugees / Caroline Moorehead * nonfiction*
Humming whispers/by Angela Johnson *fiction, teens, schizophrenia*
I dreamed of Africa/Kuki Gallmann *nonfiction*
I, Elizabeth, by Rosalind Miles *fiction, Queen Elizabeth I*
In Contempt by Christopher  Darden *nonfiction, OJ simpson trial*
In Search of Idenity by Anwar Sadat *nonfiction, Egypt*
Kaaterskill falls : a novel / by Allegra Goodman *fiction*
Kafka's Curse by Acbmat Dangor *fiction, South Africa*
Killed: great journalism too hot to print/edited and introduced by David Wallis
*nonfiction*
Lili, by Annie Wang *fiction*
Little People in America by Joan Ablon *nonfiction, Little People*
Manifesta by Amy Richards and Jennifer Baumgardner  *nonfiction, womens issues*
Maps for Lost Lovers by Nadeem Aslam *fiction*
Me and Emma by Elizabeth Flock *fiction*
Meridian by Alice Walker *re-scan*
Michael Jackson: the Magic and the Madness by j. Randy Taraborrelli *nonfiction*
Mistress Anne byb Carolly Erickson *nonfiction, Anne Boleyn*
Moloka'i by Alan Brennart *fiction, Hawaii*
Moonwalk by Michael Jackson *nonfiction*
Mrs. Mallory Investigates by Hazel Holt *fiction*
My Sergei: a love Story by Ekaterina Gordeeva  *nonfiction, figure skating*
My Son's Story by Nadine Gordimer *fiction*
Oh My Stars by Lorna Landvig *fiction*
Only in London / Hanan al-Shaykh *fiction*
Paradise Parkby Alegra Goodman
Pearl by Tabitha King *fiction*
Penguin International book of short stories *nonfiction*
Pounding the Pavement: a Novel by Jennifer van der Kwast *fiction*
Pure Fiction by Julie Highmore *fiction*
Rasputin: neither devil nor saint by DR. ELIZABETH JUDAS *nonfiction, Russian
Revolution*
Rasputin, the Saint who Sinned by BRIAN MOYNAHAN *nonfiction, Russian
Revulution*
Robin Williams by Andy Dougan *nonfiction*
Saint Maybe by Anne  Tyler *fSaint of Lost things by Christopher Castellani
*fiction*
Shake down the Stars by Frances Donnelly *fiction*
Shantaram by Gregory David *fiction*
Silent music: the life, work, and thought of St. John of the Cross / R. A.
Herrera  nonfiction*
Sleep Pale Sister by Joanne Harris
Stone Diaries by Carol Shields *fiction*
Such a long Journey by ROHINTON MISTRY *fiction, India*
the Abductor by le'il a marouane *fiction*
The almond picker / Simonetta Agnello Homby  *fiction*
the Art of Mending by Elizabeth Berg *fiction*
the Autobiography of Henry VIII by Margaret George *fiction*
he best-kept secret / Kimberla Lawson loby *fiction*
The Children of Henry VIII by Alison Weir *nonfiction*
The Covenant by Naomi Ragen *fiction, Jewish interest*
The deposition of Father McGreevy / Brian O'Doherty *fiction, Booker Finalist*
The End of a Dynasty by Miriam T. Griffin *nonfiction*
The family orchard / Nomi Eve *Fiction
The feminine and the sacred / Catherine Clement, Julia Kristeva *nonfiction*
man:
 earth and spirit, the feminine in symbol and myth.
 *nonfiction*
The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiliss
The Food of Love by Anthony Capella *nonfiction*
The Good Liar by Gregory Maguire *fiction*
The harder they fall : celebrities tell their real-life stories of addiction
and recovery / Gary Stromberg *nonfiction*
the Island Walkers by JOHN BEMROSE *fiction*
The Mango Season by Amulya Malladi *fiction*
the Map of Love by Ahdaf Soueif *fiction*
The Mary myth by Garry M. Greeley *nonfiction*
The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George *fiction*
The life and death of Anne Boleyn: 'the most happy' / Eric Ives,  *Nonfiction,
Anne Boleyn*
The Names of the Dead by Stuart O'nan *fiction*
The Outside World by TOVA MIRVIS
*fiction, Jewish Interest*
The Palace of Tears by Alev Lytle Croutier *fiction*
The PickUpby Nadine Gordimer *fiction*
the Romance Reader by Pearl Abrahamson *fiction*
the Sea House by Esther Freud *fiction*
The Seduction of Silence by Bem Le Hunte *fiction*
the Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir *nonfiction*
The skating pond / Deborah Joy Corey *fiction*
the Sociopath Next Door by Margaret Stout *nonfiction*
the Space Between us by THRITY UMRIGAR *fiction, India*
The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donneley *fiction*
The Wars of the Roses by Alison Weir *nonfiction*
The wholeness of a broken heart / Katie Singer *fiction*
The Winter queen Boris Akunin. *fiction*
The Yacubion biolding by Alaa AI Aswany *fiction*
Therese Raquin by EMILE ZOLA *fiction*
Toast by Nigel Slater *nonfiction*
Violence : our deadly epidemic and its causes / by James Gilligan. *nonfiction*
Voyage by Stephen Baxter *fiction*
War Trash by Ha Jin *fiction*
What I loved by Siri Husped *fiction*
Women in law : a bio-bibliographical sourcebook / edited by Rebecca Mae Salokar
and Mary L. Vo *nonfiction*