[bksvol-discuss] Re: a fast scan?

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 23:15:26 -0700

Evan,

I just submitted Saturn's Children by Charles Stross. I didn't put a hold for on it since you said you weren't sure you could get to it for a while. But in case you've cleared your other books, I thought I'd let you know, it's out there.

For anyone else interested, here is a synopsis...

   Sometime in the twenty-third century, humanity went extinct, leaving
   only androids behind to fulfill humanities dreams. Designed as a
   concubine for a species that hasn't existed for two hundred years,
   Freya Nakamichi-47 is a femmebot, one of the last of her kind still
   functioning--accepts a job from a stranger to deliver a package from
   Mercury to Mars. Unfortunately, she's just made herself a moving
   target, expect action, adventure, intrigue, sex, and rolling on the
floor laughing fun.

Misha

EVAN REESE wrote:
Actually, Book 12 won't finish it. Brandon Sanderson, the author who is completing the series, says that he expects to take three more books to wind it up. I, for one, am happy to hear it. I've read the series twice and, although I have some gripes with some of the later books, I loved it.
Evan