[bksvol-discuss] Re: Your new list monitor and a rallying call for validations

  • From: "Marissa Mika" <Marissa.M@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:28:08 -0700

Balancing your efforts can certainly mean focusing gaps in the
collection as a whole and gaps in the books we have by certain authors
when downloading a book for validation (if that's your style, it's also
something we try to do with in-house production).

But by "balance" in this case, I meant finding the equilibrium between
the amount of time you spend validating and the quality of your final
validated product. I think Jesse posted the standards pretty recently on
this list. If you want me to re-post them I can, just say the word.

All the best,
Marissa